Skip to main content

Sitting in Traffic? It Could Be Worse


In Los Angeles dealing with heavy traffic jams is a part of living; you either have to accept it, or be miserable. All the shortcuts on the planet wont help you avoid the inevitable-being stuck in traffic. Okay if you work 1 mile from your house and you never go out, then yeah you can avoid it, otherwise welcome to Los Angeles-deal with it.
I know more shortcuts than anyone I know, and people call and or email me all the time to find out how to save time or get around a wreck, so trust me, I'm an expert. I have lived all over Los Angeles from Valencia/Santa Clarita to the South Bay/Hermosa Beach. I have lived in Burbank and Glendale. I have lived in Sherman Oaks, and Studio City. I lived in Westwood, West Los Angeles, Brentwood, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills. I have lived in Playa Del Rey, Marina Del Rey, Manhattan and Hermosa Beach. I know this city. I constantly am going to Beverly Hills, or the WGA, or any decent agent in the city is in L.A. off Wilshire. I go to all the studios and have worked at most of them so at some point I have made the cross town drive in both directions during rush hour. My knowledge of this city is daunting. That said, I still get stuck in traffic because I live here, and that is part of the service.
Get my point? You will at some point get stuck in traffic and the way I see it, you can either get really upset and piss and moan that it took you three hours to get 16 miles, or you can accept it and be happy. Here is a little perspective, if you are stuck in that kind of traffic sometimes it's just that 17 million of us are all on the roads at the exact same time, but sometimes it's much worse. Someone has died, or multiple folks have died in an accident. They got into their car to go where ever they were going and never made it. You know how they say if you live in New York City long enough you will get mugged? Or if you live in Arizona at some point you will have Valley Fever? Well in Los Angeles you will see a horrible accident-either happening or just after it's happened. So the next time you are upset because you are inconvenienced by the parking lot that is the freeway-just think of the person who caused the mess you are in and have some perspective, it could be worse, you could be dead. In stead of being angry, try to have sympathy for those people involved. Every time I am stuck in traffic I always think that I hope there isn't a wreck and I hope no one has died. Just this morning I was stuck in 4 miles of a parking lot and it took about an hour to get through it, I was fearful of what I would see when I made it through, and thankfully it was nothing, just construction. Today was a good day.
Think about it and just be happy it isn't you who is hurt and hope that no one else is either and you'll find dealing with it will be easier. I also recommend, never leaving the garage with less than a half of tank of gas, water and sometimes a snack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Need B School with Marie Forleo CHANGING MY LIFE

Hey everyone, so I made a video see above.. in all my glorious after yoga before Beachbody or gym or whatever I do later-which could be simply walking with Wrigley glory. Meaning in Hollywood terms, not a stitch of make up! So what is B School and what on earth am I thinking spending the money when I have $8 dollars---yes EIGHT dollars, I have 8 dollars in my bank right now and about 3 bucks in quarters for laundry. LOL.. I laugh, the life of an artiste!! I am living like Jack Dawson, from Titanic---it's sooo much fun.. but you know I would like to have some stability in my life.  I am not looking to get rich here, rich wouldn't be awful...but you know, I just want to take my life to the next level and I am planning on doing just that. Seriously, I need to stop saying the following things: 1) I can't afford to.....(whatever) I am sooo sick of hearing me say that I can't go to this conference or take this class or tak a weekend off because I don't have the m

It's Been Awhile---Catching Up With Me

 So much to say and how to say it... so I'll just start with. Wow, what a year it's been.  I mean, could anyone have predicted all the shite that has hit us in 2020?  NO way!  I'm grateful for so much though, and one of them is the freedom to be able to have blogs (yes I have many) and the freedom to say whatever I want ---this is important.  I'm grateful that I live where I do and even though I'm not rich, I am healthy and live a good life. I do what I can to help others, I also have a loving husband and a Westie who I adore.  As many of you know that aside from blogging sporadically on here I'm a writer and an artist AND I work one on one with both artists and writers to help them in their careers. I've been doing this since 2006 (artists) 2010 (writers). The past few years I've focused on coaching writers as I became the queen of writing conferences and people were always hitting me up for free advice. I even started a YouTube channel CHECK IT OUT Thi

Living Like Jack Dawson Making It Count

Last week was an awful week for me and I let worry, fear, and dread get to me and it was not pleasant. So this is a brand new week and in a new week I am going to do my best to change my attitude and start living life like Jack Dawson-hopefully with a better ending. If you wonder what I mean by that, I mean that I will still work hard and do everything in my power to change my life/financial/job situation, but I will adapt his atitude of enjoying every day and taking life as it comes and not freaking out every time things don't go as planned. In the last 6 years I have been in this situation where a job ends earlier than I thought, or something falls through and it always works out, yet every time it happens fear creeps his ugly head in and starts freaking me out. I am done being afraid. I can't take much more of this, so besides working hard and changing my strategy, I am going to change my attitude and enjoy things more. This summer I was in Seattle and one week in August I