Skip to main content

Ryan Murphy is My New Hero!

RYAN MURPHY IS MY NEW HERO!





OMG! So if you haven't watched the Glee Project this season I will just say that you missed out on real life fairy tales for some amazing kids.

Ryan Murphy is one of the creators of Glee-the amazing show on Fox about geeky, now Gleeky, kids in high school standing up for themselves and being who they really are in the face of adversity and slushies!

If you don't watch it, then you are missing out.

Anyone who knows me knows that it takes a lot to make me cry, I'm just not that girl, but Glee constantly brings me to tears-CONSTANTLY.

The very first episode when those kids sang Don't Stop Believing I was bawling like a baby.

I never had the courage to be myself and being popular was everything to me. I was too embarrassed to be who I wanted to be and I did everything not to be a geek, including dropping out of band and drama-my two favorite things in the world.
I was NEVER strong enough to stand up for myself and being liked was everything, which is beyond stupid, but high school is hard.

So when Glee aired a couple years ago it hit me on a personal level because I wish I had had the courage that these characters do on the show. I have so many close friends now who tell me that they weren't popular in school and they were loners, and or they didn't have many friends, and I know it's because most of my friends are artists like I am. I didn't have the guts that my friends did and I do regret it, but regret is stupid-I can't change how I acted, it is what it is.

Many of you know that I had another blog for a little over a year called, RYAN MURPHY HIRE ME because the rumor around town-Hollywood-was that he was going to bring on a couple writers. I did submit and my then agent did make sure my stuff got there. I wanted to write for Glee because it's personal to me. I know that I can write to that show because of my life in the industry, my life as the popular girl who turned her back on everything she believed in to be that way and because I am the girl who never really fit in anywhere. Well it didn't happen and okay, so I moved on.

I believe that Glee is so good because Ryan has finally hit the "truth", his truth and his pain, hurt and life story are all wrapped up in Glee. It's real. I have seen him at many panels and when asked about why he writes the Kurt stuff the way he does he always says, "that's how I wished it would have been for me." AH! Right in the heart and you can see it in his eyes. For me this is so apparent in the show.

Enter the Glee Project-a talent competition looking for someone to guest for 7 episodes season 3.


This summer I was so inspired and started writing an episode for Damian McGinty because I knew he was right for the show and if Ryan didn't see what I saw I was going to do whatever it took to get that script to him because as arrogant as that sounds it isn't. It was so clear in my head-the story-and I didn't have a choice-I was compelled to write! AND yay!! Damian is one of the main winners.

Which brings me to why I am writing this blog and not my novel-Ryan did thee most amazing thing tonight. There were 4 finalists. Damian, Sam, Alex and Lindsay. The winners were Damian and Sam and then he offered Alex and Lindsay smaller parts-2 episodes each-on Glee. All four of them won!

It's beyond gracious that Ryan did that for these kids. He truly changed the lives of 4 people and he doesn't even know it, but I am sure he has affected many with this amazing thing, I know I am inspired and feeling better about the world tonight.

If you haven't watched Glee or the Glee Project-now is the time to start.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Need B School with Marie Forleo CHANGING MY LIFE

Hey everyone, so I made a video see above.. in all my glorious after yoga before Beachbody or gym or whatever I do later-which could be simply walking with Wrigley glory. Meaning in Hollywood terms, not a stitch of make up! So what is B School and what on earth am I thinking spending the money when I have $8 dollars---yes EIGHT dollars, I have 8 dollars in my bank right now and about 3 bucks in quarters for laundry. LOL.. I laugh, the life of an artiste!! I am living like Jack Dawson, from Titanic---it's sooo much fun.. but you know I would like to have some stability in my life.  I am not looking to get rich here, rich wouldn't be awful...but you know, I just want to take my life to the next level and I am planning on doing just that. Seriously, I need to stop saying the following things: 1) I can't afford to.....(whatever) I am sooo sick of hearing me say that I can't go to this conference or take this class or tak a weekend off because I don't have the m

It's Been Awhile---Catching Up With Me

 So much to say and how to say it... so I'll just start with. Wow, what a year it's been.  I mean, could anyone have predicted all the shite that has hit us in 2020?  NO way!  I'm grateful for so much though, and one of them is the freedom to be able to have blogs (yes I have many) and the freedom to say whatever I want ---this is important.  I'm grateful that I live where I do and even though I'm not rich, I am healthy and live a good life. I do what I can to help others, I also have a loving husband and a Westie who I adore.  As many of you know that aside from blogging sporadically on here I'm a writer and an artist AND I work one on one with both artists and writers to help them in their careers. I've been doing this since 2006 (artists) 2010 (writers). The past few years I've focused on coaching writers as I became the queen of writing conferences and people were always hitting me up for free advice. I even started a YouTube channel CHECK IT OUT Thi

Living Like Jack Dawson Making It Count

Last week was an awful week for me and I let worry, fear, and dread get to me and it was not pleasant. So this is a brand new week and in a new week I am going to do my best to change my attitude and start living life like Jack Dawson-hopefully with a better ending. If you wonder what I mean by that, I mean that I will still work hard and do everything in my power to change my life/financial/job situation, but I will adapt his atitude of enjoying every day and taking life as it comes and not freaking out every time things don't go as planned. In the last 6 years I have been in this situation where a job ends earlier than I thought, or something falls through and it always works out, yet every time it happens fear creeps his ugly head in and starts freaking me out. I am done being afraid. I can't take much more of this, so besides working hard and changing my strategy, I am going to change my attitude and enjoy things more. This summer I was in Seattle and one week in August I