Sunday, October 24, 2010

Seattle Doesn’t Get That Much Rain

I pulled this from an article I just read.

I found out that Seattle doesn’t really get that much rain compared to most U.S. cities. In fact, Seattle ranks 44th among major U.S. cities in average annual rainfall, getting approximately 38 inches annually. Cities that get more rainfall than Seattle include such as Houston Texas (48 inches), New Orleans (60 inches), Mobile AL (65 inches), Memphis (52 inches), Nashville (48 inches), and pretty much every major city on the eastern seaboard, such as New York (43 inches), Philadelphia (41 inches), Miami (58 inches), and Boston (44 inches)


Here is the thing about Seattle. The weather is perfect. I lived there and while it does rain more than Los Angeles, it is not a rainy place, not like New York, or Vermont where I swear unless it is snowing it is raining. Pissing down rain actually. In Seattle when it rains, it clears up and sunshine is there. So why not call it the sunshine state? Oh cuz Florida-which actually has more rain than Seattle-has that name.



I have been seriously considering a move back up north. I loved it when I was there, but things were tough after Sept 11th and I came back to L.A. and the entertainment business with my tail between my legs. Yeah I know most people leave L.A. cuz they can't make it in entertainment, but I did the opposite.

When do I ever do anything normal?

I can't leave the industry, but I can work it from a place I love, and Seattle is that place. I am not sure when or how, but I am going back and if you all want to think it rains every day, please go ahead. I will enjoy it all to myself.

:0)

I'm just sayin' I LOVE Seattle and it isn't all "that" wet.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Ok, you are probably right beccause the rain here is more of a constant misting. The part about "it clears up, and sunshine is there"? Also true, and when that happens we call it "August"!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it is sunny and rainy in the same day... that is what I meant silly girl. I used to live there. :0)

    ReplyDelete