Skip to main content

LOST! Did You Enjoy The Ride?

LOST & some of my thoughts on the series finale!




Wow! Everyone and their dog are talking about LOST today. People are even arguing the ending-just like Lord of The Rings and or Harry Potter. At the end of the day does it really matter if they were in a sideways world or purgatory? The point was that they couldn't move on until they worked through their own bullshit, some took longer than others.

If you go back to season one when Damon, er. . . I mean Boone, gets killed, it makes sense because he was the most mentally adjusted character thus far.

Locke needed to walk, he needed to go on that walk-about, so his after life, sideways life, or purgatory would definitely be being the strongest person on the island. He needed that to move on.

Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Jack Shepard!

Jack had more issues than most shrinks see in their lifetime, but the biggest issue he had was his relationship with his father. He had to work on that in order to move on. If you look at the relationship he had with his father and you look at the relationship he had with Locke, there it is, perfectly mirrored. Locke never approved of what Jack was doing and it made Jack feel helpless and not in control, even though he knew he could have been. Locke caused a riff between Jack and the other passengers. His relationship with Kate was his working through his wife and her death. He couldn't connect completely with anyone. He was his own worst enemy when it came to having intimacy.

That is just how I see it, you may see it differently and that is fine! We all went on the same ride and have different experiences depending on our own lives!

I have read this and that about the finale, the episodes leading up to it, and what the writers intended, but to me they were stuck sort of in the middle and what happened on the island did happen to them, but they all had different experiences. I just want to know what Richard did that got him stuck for so long!

It is a bit like Alice In Wonderland-it didn't happen, but it did, so we believe it and got sucked in. The Wizard of Oz was Dorothy working through her childish issues of wanting to run away, but when that ended, the world wasn't complaining. We still watch that film over and over, even though we know it wasn't real.



Now when I die if I end up in purgatory I will happily work though my issues with both Jack and Sawyer in love with me! Not sure why Kate got so lucky, she seemed like someone with a lot of problems, but hey that was her afterlife, inner life, sideways, purgatory or whatever and I believe she chose Jack at the end, yay!

I thought it was a little bit of a let down, in some ways, but in other ways I LOVED IT. It made seasons 3, 4 and most of 5 worth it. For the most part, I enjoyed the ride for the last 6 years, why not? Everyone wonders what happens when you die, this is as good of a solution as any, especially a violent death like your plane ripping in half over the pacific ocean.

So I guess whatever you think happened: they all died in the crash, they were in purgatory, they were in a sideways world, etc. The question is: did you enjoy the ride?

I did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been Awhile---Catching Up With Me

 So much to say and how to say it... so I'll just start with. Wow, what a year it's been.  I mean, could anyone have predicted all the shite that has hit us in 2020?  NO way!  I'm grateful for so much though, and one of them is the freedom to be able to have blogs (yes I have many) and the freedom to say whatever I want ---this is important.  I'm grateful that I live where I do and even though I'm not rich, I am healthy and live a good life. I do what I can to help others, I also have a loving husband and a Westie who I adore.  As many of you know that aside from blogging sporadically on here I'm a writer and an artist AND I work one on one with both artists and writers to help them in their careers. I've been doing this since 2006 (artists) 2010 (writers). The past few years I've focused on coaching writers as I became the queen of writing conferences and people were always hitting me up for free advice. I even started a YouTube channel CHECK IT OUT Thi

Why I Need B School with Marie Forleo CHANGING MY LIFE

Hey everyone, so I made a video see above.. in all my glorious after yoga before Beachbody or gym or whatever I do later-which could be simply walking with Wrigley glory. Meaning in Hollywood terms, not a stitch of make up! So what is B School and what on earth am I thinking spending the money when I have $8 dollars---yes EIGHT dollars, I have 8 dollars in my bank right now and about 3 bucks in quarters for laundry. LOL.. I laugh, the life of an artiste!! I am living like Jack Dawson, from Titanic---it's sooo much fun.. but you know I would like to have some stability in my life.  I am not looking to get rich here, rich wouldn't be awful...but you know, I just want to take my life to the next level and I am planning on doing just that. Seriously, I need to stop saying the following things: 1) I can't afford to.....(whatever) I am sooo sick of hearing me say that I can't go to this conference or take this class or tak a weekend off because I don't have the m

Living Like Jack Dawson Making It Count

Last week was an awful week for me and I let worry, fear, and dread get to me and it was not pleasant. So this is a brand new week and in a new week I am going to do my best to change my attitude and start living life like Jack Dawson-hopefully with a better ending. If you wonder what I mean by that, I mean that I will still work hard and do everything in my power to change my life/financial/job situation, but I will adapt his atitude of enjoying every day and taking life as it comes and not freaking out every time things don't go as planned. In the last 6 years I have been in this situation where a job ends earlier than I thought, or something falls through and it always works out, yet every time it happens fear creeps his ugly head in and starts freaking me out. I am done being afraid. I can't take much more of this, so besides working hard and changing my strategy, I am going to change my attitude and enjoy things more. This summer I was in Seattle and one week in August I