Skip to main content

LOST! Did You Enjoy The Ride?

LOST & some of my thoughts on the series finale!




Wow! Everyone and their dog are talking about LOST today. People are even arguing the ending-just like Lord of The Rings and or Harry Potter. At the end of the day does it really matter if they were in a sideways world or purgatory? The point was that they couldn't move on until they worked through their own bullshit, some took longer than others.

If you go back to season one when Damon, er. . . I mean Boone, gets killed, it makes sense because he was the most mentally adjusted character thus far.

Locke needed to walk, he needed to go on that walk-about, so his after life, sideways life, or purgatory would definitely be being the strongest person on the island. He needed that to move on.

Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Jack Shepard!

Jack had more issues than most shrinks see in their lifetime, but the biggest issue he had was his relationship with his father. He had to work on that in order to move on. If you look at the relationship he had with his father and you look at the relationship he had with Locke, there it is, perfectly mirrored. Locke never approved of what Jack was doing and it made Jack feel helpless and not in control, even though he knew he could have been. Locke caused a riff between Jack and the other passengers. His relationship with Kate was his working through his wife and her death. He couldn't connect completely with anyone. He was his own worst enemy when it came to having intimacy.

That is just how I see it, you may see it differently and that is fine! We all went on the same ride and have different experiences depending on our own lives!

I have read this and that about the finale, the episodes leading up to it, and what the writers intended, but to me they were stuck sort of in the middle and what happened on the island did happen to them, but they all had different experiences. I just want to know what Richard did that got him stuck for so long!

It is a bit like Alice In Wonderland-it didn't happen, but it did, so we believe it and got sucked in. The Wizard of Oz was Dorothy working through her childish issues of wanting to run away, but when that ended, the world wasn't complaining. We still watch that film over and over, even though we know it wasn't real.



Now when I die if I end up in purgatory I will happily work though my issues with both Jack and Sawyer in love with me! Not sure why Kate got so lucky, she seemed like someone with a lot of problems, but hey that was her afterlife, inner life, sideways, purgatory or whatever and I believe she chose Jack at the end, yay!

I thought it was a little bit of a let down, in some ways, but in other ways I LOVED IT. It made seasons 3, 4 and most of 5 worth it. For the most part, I enjoyed the ride for the last 6 years, why not? Everyone wonders what happens when you die, this is as good of a solution as any, especially a violent death like your plane ripping in half over the pacific ocean.

So I guess whatever you think happened: they all died in the crash, they were in purgatory, they were in a sideways world, etc. The question is: did you enjoy the ride?

I did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Who Would You Have Dinner With?"

In college and even some job applications that age old essay question always pops up: "Who would you have dinner with, dead or alive, if given the chance?"

In 10th grade, I answered Madonna because I thought she was strong, ambitious, smart and could do whatever she wanted. I admired her so much, and wanted to be like her in many ways-not a pop start-but I wanted to be like her spirit. I was living alone at the time (long story), and had really no one in my life to look up to and she was a role model to me.

In 12th grade we were asked the same question and again, I answered, Madonna for the same reasons. Although at this point I had moved in with my mother and my step-father, who hated me in high school. I was really close to my step-brother John, but still felt isolated and alone and Madonna symbolized someone who made it on her own, even though things were hard.

Throughout the years I have had many idols and of course that question has been asked of me in interviews and su…

How to Be Healthy and Fit-Don't Listen To....

People often ask me about health & fitness because I was so involved in that industry for so many years and I still post about great programs, blogs, books, trainers, online classes, programs etc. (like Denise Austin-who was the first person I trained with in the late 80s to get certified, Michelle Bridges, Mari Winsor, Tracey Anderson and workouts like Barre3, The Bar Method, Zumba, etc).

Here is what I'm going to say.
1) Just because someone has starved themselves and lost a ton of weight, that does NOT make them an expert.
2) Just because someone runs or goes to the gym, that also doesn't make them an expert.
3) People who give sweeping advice like, 'be gluten free, be vegan, only eat 1000 calories a day' etc.. are not qualified to tell you, or anyone else how to be healthy.
4) Also, SKINNY does NOT equal healthy, this is a dangerous concept.

These are important things to remember.
If you want to lose weight or get healthier, please go to your fitness club and spe…

Letter To My Sandwich

Dear Grilled Cheese Sandwich,

I just wanted to say thank you for being so yummy and keeping me full during these hard economic times. You are always faithfully there ready for lunch, or a snack, and sometimes breakfast. The way the cheese melts between your two slices of bread, make you irresistible to walk away from and impossible to ignore.

I love you completely with my whole heart. You were the only one who helped me through my college years when I was just new to the adult world. You helped me make the transition back into eating after quitting acting. You guided me through many a late night working in animation those first few years. Now you are back to help me survive through this hiatus.

I will always be grateful that you are there, cheap and easy. Your ability to keep me full for an entire week and yet not requiring that I empty the piggy-bank to do so means more than I can ever express. I believe that we will be seeing a lot of each other in the next few weeks until I start …