Skip to main content

God Bless the Christians-UGH

I have nothing against any religion and respect others in their beliefs, whatever, it's their thing and if it makes them happy and they aren't hurting anyone then okay. BUT, for me it is ALWAYS so called Christians that have done the worst things.

Recently my dog died and only my CHRISTIAN friends (so-called friends) have treated me terribly because of it. My Catholic, Buddhist, Mormons, Hindu, Atheists, spiritual but not religious, and Scientologist friends have been wonderful, supportive, caring and just awesome. But those "Christians" well let the judgement begin and I have been judged, deleted, defriended (real life and FB) and beat down because I was and still am sad at losing my doggie.

Two people cut me off because I wasn't happy he died and a couple others said that because I didn't believe in heaven the way they did, they were gone.

Today a Christian friend sent me an email basically ending our friendship because I didn't work around her schedule the day and weekend after my dog died. She had cut me out of Facebook weeks ago but felt it was her Christian right to, after six weeks, send me an email to beat me down some more.

I don't understand this behavior from these people. Don't they read that Bible they supposedly follow? What would Jesus do? "Oh your dog died? Well fuck off then." I don't think so.

Funny thing is this particular girl is someone who I APOLOGIZED to for being out of touch for about two weeks after my dog died. She treated me terribly and I apologized to her and yet 6 weeks later she felt like she had the right to tell me officially she can't be my friend.

It's really sad that so many people do so many shitty things and hide behind that Christian label.

I don't know what I believe as far as God, Jesus or any of it, but I can say the Bible I read did not teach such mean and nasty behaviors.

God bless these folks because obviously they are not happy.

*I do have some great Christian friends who do NOT act like this, but more often than not in my experience the "Christians" act the worst

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Who Would You Have Dinner With?"

In college and even some job applications that age old essay question always pops up: "Who would you have dinner with, dead or alive, if given the chance?"

In 10th grade, I answered Madonna because I thought she was strong, ambitious, smart and could do whatever she wanted. I admired her so much, and wanted to be like her in many ways-not a pop start-but I wanted to be like her spirit. I was living alone at the time (long story), and had really no one in my life to look up to and she was a role model to me.

In 12th grade we were asked the same question and again, I answered, Madonna for the same reasons. Although at this point I had moved in with my mother and my step-father, who hated me in high school. I was really close to my step-brother John, but still felt isolated and alone and Madonna symbolized someone who made it on her own, even though things were hard.

Throughout the years I have had many idols and of course that question has been asked of me in interviews and su…

Letter To My Sandwich

Dear Grilled Cheese Sandwich,

I just wanted to say thank you for being so yummy and keeping me full during these hard economic times. You are always faithfully there ready for lunch, or a snack, and sometimes breakfast. The way the cheese melts between your two slices of bread, make you irresistible to walk away from and impossible to ignore.

I love you completely with my whole heart. You were the only one who helped me through my college years when I was just new to the adult world. You helped me make the transition back into eating after quitting acting. You guided me through many a late night working in animation those first few years. Now you are back to help me survive through this hiatus.

I will always be grateful that you are there, cheap and easy. Your ability to keep me full for an entire week and yet not requiring that I empty the piggy-bank to do so means more than I can ever express. I believe that we will be seeing a lot of each other in the next few weeks until I start …

How to Be Healthy and Fit-Don't Listen To....

People often ask me about health & fitness because I was so involved in that industry for so many years and I still post about great programs, blogs, books, trainers, online classes, programs etc. (like Denise Austin-who was the first person I trained with in the late 80s to get certified, Michelle Bridges, Mari Winsor, Tracey Anderson and workouts like Barre3, The Bar Method, Zumba, etc).

Here is what I'm going to say.
1) Just because someone has starved themselves and lost a ton of weight, that does NOT make them an expert.
2) Just because someone runs or goes to the gym, that also doesn't make them an expert.
3) People who give sweeping advice like, 'be gluten free, be vegan, only eat 1000 calories a day' etc.. are not qualified to tell you, or anyone else how to be healthy.
4) Also, SKINNY does NOT equal healthy, this is a dangerous concept.

These are important things to remember.
If you want to lose weight or get healthier, please go to your fitness club and spe…