Skip to main content

I Just Don't Have Time

A few ground rules for dating an aspiring writer, professional writer, and or professional animation artist.

It isn't you, it's me and really it's me. I am so busy I hardly have time to think and honestly don't have time for extra drama. . .oh yeah, this is for my friends as well as potential more than friend types.

1) Just because I never call you back or I text you a week later, does not mean I’m not interested, or care about you, our friendship or more. Really, I'm not that deep. I don’t have time to even consider what kind of signal I’m sending or how you might interpret it. I'm just not sending it because I. Did. Not. Have. Time.

I have this problem all the time and I don't have the time to worry about the game of it all. Guys, I do what I do and I don't worry even for a second about the signal I am sending you, sorry but it is true. Friends, relax, you're my friend, I do care, I am just slammed.

2) I don't have time to hang out, so I will send you short text messages and emails that sometimes repeat or make no sense.

I am so busy and know that I won't see you, so I send emails and text messages instead of going out, and maybe that is cold, or whatever, but it is what it is. Guys, it also isn't any kind of sign that I want some huge relationship, so give me a break, because this is me trying. Friends, this is all I can do right now.

3) Speaking of hanging out…when I have a window of opportunity, you need to drop everything. That window might close in 5 minutes and it might not come again until after I finish this script, pilot, novel, animated short, commercial or whatever else.

This does not mean that I am being cold, or don't care about you, it means exactly what it says, this is the window I have. This is for both friends and guys, because I am too busy and can't make plans, so when I am free that is when I can do something and more often than not, it is last minute.

4) If you get a real live phone call consider yourself lucky, it’s the equivalent to spending a day together.

I can't talk on the phone and type, or draw, so when I am swamped with work, please don't expect me to spend hours on the phone with you, because I won't. It's not personal.

5) (This one is for guys) Essentially we’re down to text messages and a booty call.

Because I don't have time for games and courting rituals. I'm not a slut, or a man hater, and am not trying to prove anything to you or your gender.

6) (Also for guys) If I do see you, even if only for an hour, that means I like you. I really don't want to have to worry about compliments, stroking your ego or anything and I don't have energy to compete. I showed up, that says a lot.

This one is self explanatory.

This is my life right now, until the TV show sells, or the screenplay sells, or I am working on staff somewhere.

A few other things are that: I can't make plans in advance more than a day, and even when I do, I may have to break them. If I say I can't do something with you and then a couple hours later change that~it is because I all of a sudden can do something that I wasn't able to earlier.

You can not get upset with me for putting work in front of you when I don't have a 9 to 5 job and don't know when or where, or for how long I will be working~sometimes the hours are round the clock.

This is my life right now, and that said, if you are in my life I do care about you in some way, and I do enjoy your text messages, facebook posts, emails and even voice mails, but when I don't respond right away, just know that it meant something to me that you didn't forget I exist.

:0)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been Awhile---Catching Up With Me

 So much to say and how to say it... so I'll just start with. Wow, what a year it's been.  I mean, could anyone have predicted all the shite that has hit us in 2020?  NO way!  I'm grateful for so much though, and one of them is the freedom to be able to have blogs (yes I have many) and the freedom to say whatever I want ---this is important.  I'm grateful that I live where I do and even though I'm not rich, I am healthy and live a good life. I do what I can to help others, I also have a loving husband and a Westie who I adore.  As many of you know that aside from blogging sporadically on here I'm a writer and an artist AND I work one on one with both artists and writers to help them in their careers. I've been doing this since 2006 (artists) 2010 (writers). The past few years I've focused on coaching writers as I became the queen of writing conferences and people were always hitting me up for free advice. I even started a YouTube channel CHECK IT OUT Thi

Why I Need B School with Marie Forleo CHANGING MY LIFE

Hey everyone, so I made a video see above.. in all my glorious after yoga before Beachbody or gym or whatever I do later-which could be simply walking with Wrigley glory. Meaning in Hollywood terms, not a stitch of make up! So what is B School and what on earth am I thinking spending the money when I have $8 dollars---yes EIGHT dollars, I have 8 dollars in my bank right now and about 3 bucks in quarters for laundry. LOL.. I laugh, the life of an artiste!! I am living like Jack Dawson, from Titanic---it's sooo much fun.. but you know I would like to have some stability in my life.  I am not looking to get rich here, rich wouldn't be awful...but you know, I just want to take my life to the next level and I am planning on doing just that. Seriously, I need to stop saying the following things: 1) I can't afford to.....(whatever) I am sooo sick of hearing me say that I can't go to this conference or take this class or tak a weekend off because I don't have the m

Living Like Jack Dawson Making It Count

Last week was an awful week for me and I let worry, fear, and dread get to me and it was not pleasant. So this is a brand new week and in a new week I am going to do my best to change my attitude and start living life like Jack Dawson-hopefully with a better ending. If you wonder what I mean by that, I mean that I will still work hard and do everything in my power to change my life/financial/job situation, but I will adapt his atitude of enjoying every day and taking life as it comes and not freaking out every time things don't go as planned. In the last 6 years I have been in this situation where a job ends earlier than I thought, or something falls through and it always works out, yet every time it happens fear creeps his ugly head in and starts freaking me out. I am done being afraid. I can't take much more of this, so besides working hard and changing my strategy, I am going to change my attitude and enjoy things more. This summer I was in Seattle and one week in August I